Friday, October 06, 2006

A Nasty Internet Experience! Beware of SpyNoMore.com

On Sunday, 1st October my PC was infected with a virus which took over my home page and slowed my computer down considerably.

I did a Yahoo search to find the best spyware remover and was led to SpyNoMore. They offered a free scan of your computer but you had to pay for the removal of the spyware. The scan revealed 84 infections! I bought a 3 machine licence (I have 2 laptops as well as the PC) for $39.95 + tax.

When I paid SpyNoMore sent me a registration number to activate the download and to remove the offending viruses. Unfortunately when I entered the registration number I got the message "Invalid Receipt Number". I contacted their Help Desk over the Internet and within a couple of hours got a message to tell me to uninstall the programme and then reinstall it and all would be fine. Hmmm! Not so. I did as they asked and got the same message.

I tried 5 times altogether and still received the same message. I did get one further message from the Help Desk basically telling me to do the same again. Since then, I have sent a further 6 or 7 messages asking for help and have not had one reply!

So anyone who reads this I would strongly urge you not to be fooled by SpyNoMore. They are charlatans! I have also complained to Clickbank who authorised the payment and they have replied and said that they have no record of such payment, yet my bank statement clearly indicates that it went through them.

Be warned DO NOT PURCHASE SPYNOMORE!!!

No comments: